Wednesday, February 16, 2005

One felt smart, they all felt smart.

One felt smart, they all felt smart. (ask a Korean kid to say this 5 times fast till the letters scramble and you've got a laughing youngster on your hands)

Sun peers out from behind the pollution wall from time to time, and still not frequently enough for my own tastes. Although a nice trip to Yong Pyong Olympic Ski Resort here in Northern Korea for the Chiense New Year did provide a lovely break from the city. I ate up the mountains, literally in many cases as my amateur ski tactics often came to a glorious face plant in the snow drifts. So yeah, three days of learning to hit myself in the face with ski poles and having developed a working relationship with cute ski patrol as they rescued me, I'm back in the city again. Now, don't get me wrong, I have now come to love the sport and long to go again, by day two the fear of heights subsided and the intermediate course seemed much less daunting, but the screams still very real.. only kidding.

Now the question has come down to "do I stay or do I go?". I'm learning Korean, I finally have a taste for the foods and can tap out a mean tune on chopsticks, but perhaps a brief hiatus between gigs in the US to pack up dear old dad and get both of us out into the world could be a good thang?

An update: Tokyo, whew, that's a few blogs in and of itself... while there I had a temple reading done, now before this triffle of paper is disregarded I'll tell you that 6 of the many listed items have already come true.. three others have pointed towards my making a move south and soon as it's in my best interest to do so... by my dumb luck in following this thing before, I managed to avoid a few nights in subway tunnels sleeping among the Tokyo homeless so I'll heed the message now as well I suppose..

So I'm in a holding pattern and working to tap my veined network of world-savvy people for information on work in other countries for two.. now the waiting game..

1 Comments:

Blogger Adriana Black said...

Hey girlie,
Decided to get myself up to date with other's blogs and found my way into yours. Homeless in Tokyo, huh? Well not everyone can say the same, so, awesome! glad you made it alive!
Life in Boise, same as usual, can't wait to get a break from it all.
See you soon!

4:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home